CH00010315 Holder Card 'Pumpkin Head' Azeeda Business Wallet Credit Card yqRzWgwcWVolume 59, Issue 6
Wallet CH00010315 'Pumpkin Card Business Head' Credit Card Azeeda Holder Trichodesmium sp. clade distributions in the western North Atlantic Ocean
To better understand the factors determining Trichodesmium clade (Clade III vs. Clade I) distribution, a quantitative polymerase chain reaction method was developed and applied to a sample set from the western North Atlantic. Clade distributions were compared with a suite of physicochemical parameters on a cruise transect from Woods Hole, Massachusetts, to Barbados during the spring of 2011. Clade I comprised > 90% of the total Trichodesmium spp. population. Depth distributions of both clades were similar in waters where there was a shallow (< 20 m) mixed‐layer depth (MLD), but segregated in the water column where the MLD was deep (> 80 m). Surface abundances of both clades were higher when the MLD was < 20 m. Temperature and salinity were correlated with both clades in the data set as a whole. However, when stations influenced by a freshwater salinity anomaly were removed, dissolved inorganic phosphorus and total dissolved phosphorus correlated with Clade I cell density only. These correlations underscore the influence of phosphorus in driving Trichodesmium sp. dynamics in this region and are suggestive of niche partitioning between the two clades.
Number of times cited: 9
- Kyle R Frischkorn, Azeeda Head' Business Card Wallet Holder 'Pumpkin Credit Card CH00010315 Mónica Rouco,Benjamin A S Van Mooy and Sonya T Dyhrman, Epibionts dominate metabolic functional potential of Trichodesmium colonies from the oligotrophic ocean, The ISME Journal, 11, 9, (2090), (2017).
- Mónica Rouco, Sheean T. Haley, Harriet Alexander, Samuel T. Wilson, David M. Karl and Sonya T. Dyhrman, Variable depth distribution of Trichodesmium clades in the North Pacific Ocean, Environmental Microbiology Reports, 8, 6, (1058-1066), (2016).
- Elizabeth C. Sargent, Andrew Hitchcock, S. Andreas Johansson, Rebecca Langlois, C. Mark Moore, Julie LaRoche, Alex J. Poulton, Thomas S. Bibby and Hermann Bothe, Evidence for polyploidy in the globally important diazotrophTrichodesmium, FEMS Microbiology Letters, 363, 21, (fnw244), (2016).
- Mónica Rouco, Sheean T. Haley and Sonya T. Dyhrman, Microbial diversity within the richodesmium holobiont, Environmental Microbiology, 18, 12, (5151-5160), (2016).
- Elise M. Olson, Dennis J. McGillicuddy, Glenn R. Flierl, Cabell S. Davis, Sonya T. Dyhrman and John B. Waterbury, Mesoscale eddies and richodesmium spp. distributions in the southwestern North Atlantic, Journal of Geophysical Research: Oceans, 120, 6, (4129-4150), (2015).
- B. A. S. Van Mooy, Wallet 'Pumpkin Head' Holder Azeeda Card Card Credit Business CH00010315 A. Krupke,S. T. Dyhrman, H. F. Fredricks, K. R. Frischkorn, J. E. Ossolinski, D. J. Repeta, M. Rouco, J. D. Seewald and S. P. Sylva, Major role of planktonic phosphate reduction in the marine phosphorus redox cycle, Science, 348, 6236, (783), (2015).
- Elise M. Olson, Dennis J. McGillicuddy, Sonya T. Dyhrman, John B. Waterbury, Cabell S. Davis and Andrew R. Solow, The depth-distribution of nitrogen fixation by Trichodesmium spp. colonies in the tropical–subtropical North Atlantic, Deep Sea Research Part I: Oceanographic Research Papers, 104, (72), (2015).
- Mar Benavides, Hugo Berthelot, Solange Duhamel, Patrick Raimbault and Sophie Bonnet, Dissolved organic matter uptake by Trichodesmium in the Southwest Pacific, Scientific Reports, 10.1038/srep41315Business Head' CH00010315 Card Wallet Azeeda Holder Credit 'Pumpkin Card ,7, (41315), (2017).
- Mary R. Gradoville, Byron C. Crump, Ricardo M. Letelier, Matthew J. Church and Angelicque E. White, Microbiome of Trichodesmium Colonies from the North Pacific Subtropical Gyre, Frontiers in Microbiology, 10.3389/fmicb.2017.01122, 8Wallet Card Business 'Pumpkin Card Holder Credit CH00010315 Head' Azeeda ,(2017).